When you're riding snow-covered trails, you're going to meet many of the same distinct issues that plague skiers and snowmobilers alike, and that's snow infiltrating your clothing. So when Specialized partnered with 686 to create a line of winter clothing, they thought, what better place to start than with the new 686 x Specialized Women's 3L Tech Bibs?
Starting with the materials, they feature a three-layer woven fabric shell with the venerable infiDRY 20. Now, three layers might sound thick and cumbersome, but really, this material is no different than what's found on some of your favorite jackets or pants. Almost paper thin, the exterior layer handles wind and water resistance (20,000mm), while the intermediary layer consists of a highly breathable membrane (20,000gm2) that keeps vapor moving up and out of the bibs to eliminate any clammy sensations. Lastly, the interior layer is designed to be soft against the skin, greatly increasing the comfort of the piece as a whole. The end result? You're guaranteed to ride dry and with a consistent level of warmth and protection.
Moving on to the construction, you'll find that all of the seams are fully taped and waterproof, while even the exposed zippers are treated to be water-resistant. Taking this a step further, the bibs also include leg gaiters with Lycra stretch panels and a bootlace hook. Together, this system works to keep snow and moisture from traveling up the pants. Meanwhile, however, the natural bib design with malleable elastic suspenders prevents snow from entering the suit at the waist—especially when paired with a jacket.
And lastly, they built the 3L Tech bibs with a relaxed fit that accommodates layering, so you're always going to have a healthy amount of room for a full range of movement in the saddle. There's also a leg gusset with an invisible zipper closure, plus a rear SWAT pocket to house your ride essentials or nutrition while out on the trail.
- Three-layer woven shell fabric with infiDRY 20 (20,000mm water-resistance / 20,000gm2 breathability) is light and airy, keeping you protected from the elements without sacrificing comfort or breathability.
- Fully taped waterproof seams and water-resistant exposed zippers protect common points of water infiltration, keeping you dry and protected as you ride.
- Leg gaiter with Lycra® stretch panel and bootlace hook creates a tight seal at the leg opening, which ensures that no snow or water will seep up the leg as you ride.
- Ghetto Slit leg gusset with invisible zipper closure creates a full range of movement for your pedal stroke, while also bolstering the strength of the construction.
- Rear SWAT pocket intuitively and securely houses your ride essentials.
- Elastic suspenders allow you to dial-in the fit of the bibs and are soft against the skin in order to reduce the risk of chafing or abrasion.
- Vented thigh pockets add extra ventilation to prevent heat buildup under hard efforts.
- Quick release suspenders make entry and exit of the bibs a simplified affair.
- Easy entry side zips allow you to get in and out of the bibs with ease.
- Relaxed Fit is comfortable and loose against the body, allowing for ample layering underneath.
|Black Ruby / X-Small||888818148813||64217-1721|